The Role of a Fellow
The Fellows program is an opportunity for MIT graduate students and postdocs to coach and mentor aspiring student entrepreneurs.
Sandbox Fellows pair with an experienced mentor to learn while they also provide guidance to teams.
This is a volunteer position.
To apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Sandbox Fellows program is open to all MIT graduate students and post-docs who have completed entrepreneurship coursework and/or have equivalent industry experience.
International students: please check with ISO before applying.
ForMAL TRAINING (coursework):
- Foundational Entrepreneurship (e.g. 15.901/6.901, 10.02)
- Product Design and Manufacturing Processes (e.g. 2.009, 6.902, 3.086)
- Industry-specific courses (e.g. energy, healthcare, think tank)
- Practical knowledge of founding a company
- Work experience in a startup
- Team coaching and mentoring experience
- 5 hours of work per week maximum, including:
- Scheduling mentor meetings
- Holding mentor meetings and answering team questions
- Attending Sandbox training sessions and fellow meetings
- Reviewing Sandbox applications
- Providing feedback on Sandbox teams