- Aavia: A stress-free Birth Control Pill compliance and experience for U.S. women.
- Acciyo: Removes information blind spots by automatically surfacing the other chapters of a news story through a simple browser plugin.
- AdaViv: With AI and state-of-the-art sensors, AdaViv creates an intelligent growing system that advances indoor agriculture towards efficiency, quality and discovery.
- AirWorks: Provides autonomous aerial intelligence and analytics to construction companies to reduce quality errors and improve project efficiencies.
- Akora: A crowd-sourced educational platform that allows communities to create, curate, and build up the best learning material.
- Atolla: Uses data to recommend and create unique skincare formulations that evolve as your skin needs change.
- Buddy: As an AI companion for the mind, Buddy identifies depression & raises awareness of resources at your university.
- Centaur Labs: Harnesses collective human intelligence to improve data quality for medical image analysis AI algorithms.
- Chord: Meaningful wealth accumulation without the massive debt or 30-year commitment of a mortgage. Save >15% of income through monthly rent.
- Context Insights: Leverages wisdom of the crowd to provide forecasts in data-poor environments, and smooth market volatility for critical agricultural goods.
- Daytoday: A comprehensive care management platform that guides patients through their medical procedures and helps them recover and return to normal life.
- DentistAI: The dentist has more satisfied/healthier patients, reduction of time diagnosing x-rays and can focus on treatment rather than diagnosis.
- Floating Point Group: Bitcoin is not being adopted institutionally, since there is no centralized authority. We will be that authority.
- Gataca: Decentralized digital ID that helps fintech companies speed up the customer on-boarding process and lower the costs of regulation compliance.
- Hippo: Makes it easy and fun to find and plan interesting things to do with the people you care about.
- Iterative Scopes: Reduction in colorectal cancer rates globally.
- Levio: A vetted community of travelers who swap homes to experience authentic trips without the per night costs.
- The Okoa Project: Increasing access to medical care in developing countries through a universal, affordable motorcycle ambulance trailer.
- Posh: Allows for rapid deployment across any number of channels and features state-of-the-art contextual understanding.
- Rune: We help gamers find the perfect squad, enabling amazing shared experiences on mobile.
- Secure AI Labs: Accelerates medical discoveries by linking AI to healthcare data inside hospitals, universities and biotech companies.
- Spaceus: Create vibrant streetscapes by placing artist studios within vacant storefronts, creating
- opportunities for community to engage with artists.
- Swappl: Peer-to-peer blockchain-enabled trust platform allowing unbanked members to access small loans and bridge temporary cash flow gaps.
- TracFlo: Offers an online platform for all project site stakeholder to approve changing cost while offer financing options to subcontractors.
- Waffle: Protecting you by returning insurance back to its focus on the individual.
Biobot Analytics: Develops cutting-edge technology to bring wastewater epidemiology to cities. Highlighted in the list of 10 startup ideas to tackle the opioid crisis.
Hey,Charlie: Aims to help people avoid environmental triggers that might threaten their recovery from an opioid addiction. Featured on the front page of STAT news. Highlighted in the list of 10 startup ideas to tackle the opioid crisis.
Carbo: Developing large format additive manufacturing technology that makes complex composite parts, faster, lighter and cheaper. MIT Alumni News.
Tarjimly: Helps refugees and aid workers overcome language barriers by connecting them with a volunteer translator. UNHCR (The UN Refugee Agency) staff has started using Tarjimlyapp.
Karuna Health: Building a network of “health guides” that patients can contact online to get help about health-related administrative tasks. Raised a $1.2 million seed round from investors.
Ricult: A fintech data platform and marketplace for smallholder farmers. Raised $1.85 million to improve smallholder farmer profitability with digital tech platform.
Synaps Labs: A software and hardware platform that enables real-time targeted ads for digital out-of-home advertising. Operates in Moscow on 13 digital billboards in partnership with one of the leading European billboard operators.
Leuko Labs: Measures white blood cell levels in home, non-invasively. Won $100K at MassChallenge Pulse. Tested the device in 11 patients at MGH and a Madrid hospital, after receiving significant grants.
Base Operations: Making security transparent, helping people in cities with high crime rates and poor access to accurate information. Mentioned in World Economic Forum article Here's How Startups will Shape Latin America's Future and Wall Street Journal in A New Level of Security of Your Business Trip. Won Microsoft Patent Program for Women.
MDaaS: Diagnostic and primary care centers for Africa. $10,000 award MIT IDEAS Global Challenge.
Insemble: Retail focused anti-theft, cashier-less checkout systems. Co-Founder, Colin Webb, was appointed to The MIT Corporation (the Institute’s board of trustees) as a full-term members, serving for five years.
EctoTherm: Creating a thermal resonator (TR-1) that can translate diurnal temperature fluctuations into electricity. Chosen as a finalist in the NE and National Department of Energy.
Mobile Pixels: Created a pocket second screen for laptops named DUO. Launched a Kickstarter campaign on Tuesday that hit ~$200K in 72 hours.
Zilper Trenchless: Significantly reducing the cost of installing underground pipes with versatile, cost-efficient machines that minimizes the impact to the surrounding area. Took home cash prizes, at the annual entrepreneurship competition.
Iterative Scopes: Reduction in colorectal cancer rates globally. Won a $10,000 Booz Allen Hamilton Data Analytics Prize at the annual entrepreneurship competition.
Esher Reality: Enabling cross-platform, multiplayer AR games that save digital objects in the real world: Acquired by Niantic (Pokémon Go creator) and donates back to Sandbox.
Iterative Scopes: Provides gastroenterologists with machine learning-powered diagnostic tools that help them prevent colon cancer. Won the $10,000 Booz Allen Hamilton Data Analytics Prize at MIT’s $100K Launch competition. Awarded one of the TMCx Life Science Accelerator Prizes.
Solstice: Provides community solar so that every household can participate in solar energy. Has paying customers and has raised $2M; Massachusetts Clean Energy Commission (MassCEC), announced $50K investment; $816K came from DOE funding.
MIT MILK Mama (M^3): Provides pumping mothers with a simple way to feed their baby breast milk while they are pumping it out. The design hit the market. Founder Dr. Katherine Hornbostel’s interviewed on Pittsburgh's local ABC news.
Farmwise: Smart and autonomous robots to solve the problem of weeds in agriculture, saving farmers time and money. Raised $10.2M. Working on delivering their first machines summer 2018.
Revive- Med: AI-Driven Metabolomic Platform for Drug Discovery. Raises $1.5M in VC finance. Featured speaker at MIT Intelligence Quest Launch. Pitched to Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau at MIT Solve.
Mesodyne: High-energy-density, ultra-quiet portable power generator that reduces the battery load of soldiers. Founder Veronika Stelmakh chosen to join Department of Energy’s (DOE) Chain Reaction Innovations (CRI) entrepreneurial program.
NeuroMesh A managed security and intelligence platform for IoT and Industrial IoT devices. Co-Founder Gregory Falco chosen for Forbes 30 Under 30 for Enterprise Technology. Second place in MIT’s $100K Accelerate Competition.
OZÉ: Empowering African small business owners to make decisions by analyzing transaction data using a mobile app. Winner of MIT IDEAS Global Challenge. Also, Wins $150k in prizes at the Rice Business Plan Competition. Won Top Prize in MIT $100K Accelerate competition. Winner of MIT ilab Social Impact & Cultural Enterprise Track
Loop: Preventing pressure sores for those in wheelchairs in developing countries:
PreserveAir: Developing climate field storage and transport services for farmers to minimize dehydration losses
Capiche: developing an education discussion platform that uses artificial intelligence to evaluate student learning.
Takachar: A small-scale, decentralized biomass pre-processing system for use in agricultural or remote areas in developing economies. Awarded $65K as part of the Massachusetts Clean Energy Center’s (MassCEC) Catalyst program.
Sandbox Feature Article: MIT Sandbox Aims to Mold More Student Startups
Drones for Humanity: Powers relief organizations with technology to deliver aid when every second counts. Received over $60K in funding and mentorship support.
EasyMail: Saves time for professionals by finding tasks in email and writing replies to them. This MIT And Harvard Startup Is Making Writing Emails Easier And Effortless.
Lightmatter: Makes photonic chips that essentially perform calculations at the speed of light. Raised $11M in Funding with lead investors Matrix and Spark Capital.
CassVita: Processes cassava and turns it into more preservable and durable finished products such as flour, beer, etc. Scaling up and selling in Cameroon, West Africa.
Alba: Caregiving marketplace for parents in Latin America
Biobot Analytics: Technology to bring wastewater epidemiology to cities
Blockparty: Cooking classes for which participants donate food to those in need
Bloomer Tech: Medical sensors embedded in women’s bras to monitor heart disease
Divaqua - Selectively absorptive material for limiting toxic industrial effluents
GETRID: Collecting and repurposing unwanted quality items
Klarity: AI to massively accelerate contract law
Mayflower Venues: AirBnb for non-traditional wedding sites, enhanced with online planning
Mesodyne: High-energy-density, portable power generator to reduce soldiers’ battery load
NueroMesh: A managed security and intelligence platform for IoT and Industrial IoT devices
Octant: A Video data collection service for autonomous vehicle developers
Pinehealth: Improved health compliance using patient data to trigger text conversations
Remora Therapeutics: Using platelets to selectively release therapeutics to targeted tissue
ReviveMed: AI-Driven Metabolomic Platform for Drug Discovery.
Roots Studio: Curates, digitizes, and markets culturally iconic artwork from isolated artists
Sigma Ratings: Provides insight business risk vulnerabilities, focusing on financial crime risk
W8X: Strength training powered by robotics
Waypoint: AR to change the way workers capture, distribute, and access expert knowledge
Tactile: First dedicated text-to-Braille converter. Won $10K at MIT Lemelson. Forbes Magazine covered teams win MIT IDEAS Global Challenge 2016. Covered in Fox News. Raising seed Capital and featured in Americaninno. Won Microsoft Patent Program for Women
Relativity6: AI Machine Learning Company to more accurately predict customer behavior and help reactivates lapsed customers. Bootstrapping having secured a major $1M contract. Featured in MIT Corp News
Biobot Analytics: $10,000 award, Technology to bring wastewater epidemiology to cities
Need-a-Knee: $10,000 award, A Transfemoral Rotator for the Developing World
- Drones for Humanity: $10,000 award. Delivers aid to relief organizations with drones
NeuroMesh - A managed security and intelligence platform for IoT and Industrial IoT devices. Second place in MIT’s $100K Accelerate Competition.
Pison Technology: Capturing and filtering signals sent to the nervous system, used for VR and neuro-degenerative diseases such as ALS. Won $400K award of the ALS Assistive Technology Challenge. MIT News.
Releaf: Nigerian B2B marketplace that helps African businesses prosper. Raised $120,000 from YCombinator to expand its business in Nigeria.