The Role of a Fellow
The Fellows program is an opportunity for MIT graduate students and postdocs to coach and mentor aspiring student entrepreneurs.
Sandbox Fellows work alone or pair with an experienced mentor to learn while they also provide guidance to teams.
To apply please fill out our application. Application deadline is 8/25/2017. Interviews will be held between 9/18 and 9/27 and will scheduled following closure of applications. Final decisions will be made by 9/29.
There will be mandatory training sessions for all new fellows sometime during the week of 10/23/2017.
The Sandbox Fellows program is open to all MIT graduate students and post-docs who have completed entrepreneurship coursework and/or have equivalent industry experience.
International students: please check with ISO or ISchO before applying.
ForMAL TRAINING (coursework):
- Foundational Entrepreneurship (e.g. 15.901/6.901, 10.02)
- Product Design and Manufacturing Processes (e.g. 2.009, 6.902, 3.086)
- Industry-specific courses (e.g. energy, healthcare, think tank)
- Practical knowledge of founding a company
- Work experience in a startup
- Team coaching and mentoring experience
- 5 hours of work per week, including:
- Scheduling mentor meetings
- Holding mentor meetings and answering team questions
- Attending Sandbox training sessions and fellow meetings
- Reviewing Sandbox applications
- Providing feedback on Sandbox teams