The Role of a Fellow
The Sandbox Fellows program is open to all MIT graduate students and post-docs who have completed entrepreneurship coursework and/or have equivalent industry experience.
International students: please check with ISO or ISchO before applying.
ForMAL TRAINING (coursework):
- Foundational Entrepreneurship (e.g. 15.901/6.901, 10.02)
- Product Design and Manufacturing Processes (e.g. 2.009, 6.902, 3.086)
- Industry-specific courses (e.g. energy, healthcare, think tank)
- Practical knowledge of founding a company
- Work experience in a startup
- Team coaching and mentoring experience
- 5 hours of work per week, including:
- Scheduling mentor meetings
- Holding mentor meetings and answering team questions
- Attending Sandbox training sessions and fellow meetings
- Reviewing Sandbox applications
- Providing feedback on Sandbox teams